Roane Raider Cup Results

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Roane Raider Cup Results

Postby Bearhugger » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Will we be seeing results of the Roane Raider Cup?

I heard Fairmont Senior won the team title.

What about individual weight class results?

Thanks
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

aacoach70

Re: Roane Raider Cup Results

Postby aacoach70 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Results were sent to WVMat. I'm sure they'll be posted soon. Team scores and individual placement is what you'll get. If teams wish to post individual head-to-head results, they should go right ahead. Braxton County won the tournament. One single scoring error I found this morning inadvertently awarded runner-up points to the wrong wrestler. This reduced Fairmont Senior's score by 15, leaving Braxton County with a winning margin of only 7 points over Fairmont Senior. These two teams stood out, as there was a bit of a gap between them and 3rd place. There were a good number of quality matches. We thank the teams and fans for making our tournament a success.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:29 am

Fairmont Senior had Frazier out due to his official football visit to WVU... also had another varsity member out. They more than likely would have come in first place with those two in the lineup. The Polar Bears look to be very good this season.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:05 am

matcoach90 wrote:Fairmont Senior had Frazier out due to his official football visit to WVU... also had another varsity member out. They more than likely would have come in first place with those two in the lineup. The Polar Bears look to be very good this season.

From my perspective, WVU should have COME to Frazier and met with him in between his matches.

aacoach117

Postby aacoach117 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:23 pm

matcoach90 wrote:Fairmont Senior had Frazier out due to his official football visit to WVU... also had another varsity member out. They more than likely would have come in first place with those two in the lineup. The Polar Bears look to be very good this season.

It is easy to argue "what ifs". For example, if Braxton had Logan Conley then 170 would have looked a lot different. If Greenbrier West had Chase Patterson and Malik Cox I imagine 160 and 195 might have had some different guys in the championship matches too.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:39 pm

aacoach117 wrote:

It is easy to argue "what ifs". For example, if Braxton had Logan Conley then 170 would have looked a lot different. If Greenbrier West had Chase Patterson and Malik Cox I imagine 160 and 195 might have had some different guys in the championship matches too.

Greenbrier West was also without Parks at 170.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm

I suppose that's one more reason to come here and discuss all these possible "what if's", possible scenarios and season projections. Kinda like last season's what if Braxton Amos and Frazier wrestled etc. etc. It's all fun and games... with a some good info mixed in.

aacoach70

Postby aacoach70 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:47 pm

We all bring what we have on that day and try to put our best foot forward. Most teams aren't 100% with their line-ups at this point. There were more than one or two good teams in this tournament. Braxton put 8 in the championship finals and placed all 13 starters. Perhaps the best thing to do is give Braxton County credit for earning the win.

matcoach90

Postby matcoach90 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:40 pm

aacoach70 wrote:We all bring what we have on that day and try to put our best foot forward. Most teams aren't 100% with their line-ups at this point. There were more than one or two good teams in this tournament. Braxton put 8 in the championship finals and placed all 13 starters. Perhaps the best thing to do is give Braxton County credit for earning the win.

No doubt Braxton has an excellent team... even some of their JV wrestlers gave varsity wrestlers a great battle. When you have that kind of competition within the same team, it just makes the entire team better. shame Logan is out for the season. Great kid and wrestler.

Return to “High School Wrestling”