Predictions

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Gator

Re: Predictions

Postby Gator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 am

Frat of all, South wrestled St Eds in a dual, not a tournament. St Eds is a private school, who recruits their wrestlers and are highly nationally ranked. If you want to see results in a tournament setting, you can look at the Ironman results where South finished 7th place, just 7.5 points behind St Eds in 6th.

Until your team goes out and wrestles the likes of a St Eds, may be you shouldn’t be squeaking so loudly bearclaw.
Moderator WV Mat

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:21 pm

Maybe some will use it as a motivation instead of someone’s guesstimate. That’s why they wrestle on the mat and not on paper.

I think some just have fun putting their thoughts out there. We’ve always had predictions on here. It’s just someone’s guess as to what may happen.

If I were to guess the outcome of most teams wrestling against ST Eds, it wouldn’t look pretty.
Moderator WV Mat

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Bearclaw11 wrote:These kids get on this site to look at who’s won and lost you think they like looking at the predictions of them getting beat how do you think it makes them feel no wonder people doesn’t like south when ever someone says something you guys get upset we all know south is good you just don’t have to rub it in there faces every day on here enough with south

Based on what I have heard in the recent years, many kids are talking smack directly to each other via Twitter, etc. I do not see where any predictions are made other than final team scores. They do not pin point what specific weight class is going to win or lose. As an American society, we cannot continue to attempt to force people to be quiet so others will not be offended.

In conclusion, the handful of South fans that make the most predictions are also the butt of many jokes within the forum. These guys take it and keep coming back. Why? Because they are older and have lived through a lifetime of perseverance, not a lifetime of hiding in the bedroom and playing video games for 9 hours straight. I worry about today's youth.
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

rodneyjwv

Postby rodneyjwv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:22 pm

I agree 100% Bearhugger! The participation ribbon generation!

As for predictions I predict one of the wood county HS will finish in the top 5 in the Powerade 12/28-29.
Also I predict PSHS will finish in the top 3 at the VA Duals in their Division,

OVAC will be very interesting this year, I predict the closest point difference between 1-3 in last 10 years.

As for the hate of schools that have a successful wrestling programs, I'm gone to leave that alone. We are mostly Adults on here, we all need to act like it. If you don't have anything good to say, all you want to do is complain, CNN,MSNBC has a website filled with similar folks join them.

This is a great wrestling site, Doc I Thank you for years of great content. And the moderators for keeping the peace and sanity.

Frank

Postby Frank » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Looking there, Bearhugger has a fan. or a cub with claws.
They say imitation in the truest form of flattery.

Gator

Postby Gator » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Bearclaw11 wrote:So gator are you saying that PS doesn’t have national ranked wrestlers and then you back and say that they finished just 7.5 points behind ST. Ed’s at iron man that’s why I asked PS has great wrestlers

You came on here and asked why no one made predictions against St Eds and then asked how South did in a tournament against them. I merely pointed out they held their own against St Eds in a tournament setting(Ironman).

South has some ranked wrestlers who can wrestle with anyone. What is your point? What is the entire point of you bringing this up

I’m saying that St Eds is a parachial, private school that can recruit wrestlers. South is a public school. I’m guessing that you have a favorite team or school who has no idea what it’s like to wrestle outside the borders of WV. Especially against a St Eds or Blair Academy.

Another hater!
Moderator WV Mat

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Bearclaw11 wrote:These kids get on this site to look at who’s won and lost you think they like looking at the predictions of them getting beat how do you think it makes them feel no wonder people doesn’t like south when ever someone says something you guys get upset we all know south is good you just don’t have to rub it in there faces every day on here enough with south

It appears that you "tried" to act innocent enough and hide your true intentions. However, the response above revealed your true feelings and intent. You basically just said you disliked people making team score predictions because it hurt kids feelings and the school/people you pointed out was South. You asked why no one made a prediction for South vs St. Eds, thinking because they lost was why no one did it. Actually, none was made for two reasons. Probably no one knew enough about all the St. Eds wrestlers to make one and secondly, no one asked, or else TrueSouthFanInParkersburg would have been more than happy to oblige. Gator merely saw through your veiled intent and called you on it. You unfortunately trapped yourself with the above response.

Return to “High School Wrestling”