Super 32

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Jon Perkins

Super 32

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:55 pm

The Super 32 tournament is just 2 weeks away and for me that marks the beginning of wrestling season. For the last few years, I have gone through all the current entries, studied most of the state champions, and made a list of one or two guys from each state to keep an eye on. This year there are 46 states being represented and slew of top talent all showing up to battle for one of those prestigious belts. With more than 2,000 entries there simply isn't enough time to research everyone so here are my parameters: 1.) You must be a returning state champion 2.) Most of the guys on my list are either Juniors or Seniors with multiple state titles 3.) No rankings were looked at, several of these guys will be in the rankings but that is by chance. 4.) I will quickly name a few of the very top guys but this list is to bring to light the lesser-known guys from each state 5.) These are not predictions, it is merely a list of good guys to watch throughout the tournament. 6.) If there is anyone else you want to add to the list feel free to do so. 6.) With all that crap being said, let's get to it:

Alabama: Brady Campbell, Sr. 165lbs He is a 3-time State finalist and 2-time Champion with a record of 133-10.

Arkansas: With only 2 entries go with Caleb McCollum, Sr. 132lbs a 2-time State Champion record of 82-14.

Arizona: The cream of the crop here is Sergio Vega at 138 but don't sleep on Gabriel Gallardo, Sr. 150lbs, a 3-time State Champion with a record of 153-5.

California: Ronnie Ramirez, Sr. 126lbs, is a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time State champion committed to Oklahoma State.

Colorado: Samual Rosales, Sr. 132lbs, is a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time Champion with a record of 115-14.

Connecticut: Dominic Iaquinto, Sr. HWT, is a 3-time State Champion.

Jon Perkins

Re: Super 32

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:20 pm

Delaware: Austin Guerrieri, Soph 113lbs, Pickings are slim in the great state of Delaware, but this guy was a State champion as a freshman so that has to mean something.

Florida: Keep an eye on Sebatian DeGennaro at 126 and anyone with the last name of Mocco. I am going to give you one more guy: Gavin Nolan, Sr. 144lbs, is a 3-time State Champion with a record of 131-9.

Georgia: Antonio Mills III: Jr. 120, 2-time State Champion with a record of 91-1, this kid is as fast as anyone I have ever seen.
Logan Pardice: Sr. 144, a 2-time State Champion committed to Northern Iowa, this guys solid fundamentals are just fun to watch.

Hawaii: Tyger Taam, Sr. 138, according to his first name he will eat his first three opponents, as he is a 3-time State Champion.

Iowa: Timothy Koester, Sr. 132lbs, a 2-time State Champion with a record of 130-5.

Idaho: Again, this is a state with slim pickings but Kole Younger, Soph. 106lbs, seems to be the best guy.

Illinois: The best guys here is Seth Mendoza at 132 but I am going to watch a sophomore at 113 named Allen Woo in hopes that he wins his first match and after the final whistle he starts strutting, styling, and profiling back to center of the mat and then does his best Ric Flair "WHOO!!!"

Indiana: Jake Hockaday at 132 is the best-known guy but don't overlook Revin Dickman, Jr. 113lbs, a 2-time State Champion with a record of 82-7.

Kansas: Brock Johnson, Jr. 132, is a 2-time State Champion

Kentucky: Landon Evans, Sr. 132, a 2-time State Champion.

There seems to be a lot of guys I have listed at 132, that is certainly not by design just the way it worked out and that tells me that weight is going to be loaded.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:43 pm

Louisiana: Alex Rozas, Jr. 113lbs, a 2-time State Champion with a record of 106-1.
Bodi Harris, Sr. 126lbs, a 3-time Finalist and 2-time State Champion with a record of 112-11.

Massachusetts: Yandel Morales, Jr. 132lbs, a 2-time State Champion

Maryland: Calvin Kraisser, Sr. 150lbs, is last years State Champion.

Maine: with only 2 entries Evan Kowalsky at 126lbs and Joseph Lathwood at 157lbs. Good thing neither one of these guys is in the 132lb weight class because Maine is a long way off to go 0-2.

Michigan: My pick here is Jackson Blum, Sr. 132lbs, a 3-time state champion committed to Indiana University but another top guy to keep an eye on is Owen Segorski, Sr. 157lbs, a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time Champion.

Minnesota: Landon Robideau at 150lbs is the most notorious guy but I'm excited to watch Titan Friederichs, Jr. 120lbs, is a 2-time State Champion.

Missouri: Hank Benter, Sr. 120lbs, a 3-time State Champion committed to Mizzou.

Montana: Zach Morse Sr. 120lbs, a 3-time State Champion with a record of 70-6.

North Carolina: (I was only able to find results from the past 2 years) Cooper Foster, Sr. 113lbs, a 2-time State Champion record of 102-0
Ryan Mann, Sr. 138lbs, a 2-time State Champion with a record of 112-1.

North Dakota: Alex Raymundo, Jr. 113lbs, is the states only entry so best of luck to him.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Nebraska: Cade Ziola, Sr. 215lbs, the Nebraska commit is a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time Champion with a record of 109-6.

New Hampshire: Jude Correa is the best guy from NH but he wrestles for Wyoming Seminary, so he doesn't count. Go watch David Pentro, Jr., Sr 175lbs, a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time Champion.

New Jersey: There is a slew of studs from NJ with 2 Cornell Commits Adrian DeJesus at 132 and Anthony Knox at 126 being the biggest names but
Cameron Sontz, Soph. 113lbs, might be the next big name. He finished 8th in this tournament last year and was State Champion in NJ as a Freshman.

New Mexico: Jack Byers, Sr. 157lbs, is a 2-time defending State Champion.

Nevada: Manny Saldate, Sr. 132lbs, is an Oregon State commit and 2-time State Champion
Zyon Trujillo, Sr. 165lbs, is another 2-time State Champion

New York: Cooper Merli, Jr. 120lbs, a 2-time State Champion with a record of 98-7
Luke Satriano, Sr. 126lbs, is a WVU commit with 2 state Championships and a record of 112-10.

Ohio: Brogan Tucker, Sr. 152lbs, the NCST commit is a 3-time State Champion
Cole Evans, Sr. 144lbs, the WVU commit is a training partner with Marcus Blaze and is a 2-time State champion, lets get an early look at Cole.

Oklahoma: Beau Hickman, Sr. 150lbs, the Oklahoma State commit is a 3-time State Champion with a 119-12 record.
Colt Collett, Sr. 120lbs, is a 3-time State Champion with a record of 110-5.

Oregon: Jeremiah Olivia, Soph. 120lbs, won a state title as a Freshman so lets see if he can make the trip count.

Pennsylvania: For the love of everything that is Holy, please watch Bo Bassett wrestle at least once. This guy can't seem to get enough attention so
please for his ego's sake just watch him at least once. There is a ton of great guys from PA but my two favorites are Aaron Seidel at
126lbs and Maddax Shaw at 150lbs. Let me give you one name that is a little less known, Brandt Harer at 138lbs, he is the real deal.

Jon Perkins

Postby Jon Perkins » Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Rhoad Island: Isael Perez, Sr. 175lbs, a 3-time Finalist and 2-time Champion finished 8th in this tournament last year.

South Carolina: Cason Howle, Sr. 215lbs, the NCST commit is a 3-time State Champion
George Maholtz, Sr. 150lbs, another 3-time State Champion

South Dakota: Carson Dupill, Sr. 120lbs, moved to SD from TN after he and his older brother committed to South Dakota State last summer.

Tennessee: Casen Roark, Sr. 132lbs, the WVU commit is a 3-time state champion with a record of 80-10. If he can make the round of 12 in this bracket, the Mountaineers got them a good one.
Mason Jacob, Jr. 120lbs, is a 2-time State Champion with a record of 90-5.

Texas: Caio Aron, Sr. 126lbs, this is kind of a no brainer, and I hate to list such an obvious guy but everyone else kind of sucks.

Utah: Geronimo Rivera, Sr. 132lbs, a 3-time State Champion with a record of 99-21.

Virginia: Anthony Lucchiani, Sr. 138lbs, the George Mason commit is a 3-time State Champion with a record of 68-4.
Colin Martin, Sr. 126lbs, the American University commit is a 3-time State Champion with a record of 96-10.

Washington: Anthony Nava, Sr. HWT, is a 3-time State Finalist and 2-time State Champion.
Quentin Harding, Sr. 157lbs, is a 3-time State Champion.

Wisconsin: Co'Ji Campbell, Sr. 120lbs, is a 3-time State Champion sporting an impressive record of 115-1.
Jacob Herm, Sr. 157lbs, is a 3-State Finalist with a record of 134-10 only has one state title.

West Virginia: It is always nice to see how the guys in the state stack up to the best competition in the country. I have my eye on three guys in
particular: Gunner Andrick at 138lbs, Maximus Fortier at 150lbs, and Stephen Myers at 126lbs. I would like to see Mr. Myers carry his
success from Fargo right on into the Super 32 to start the 2024-2025 season. Would be nice to see Brock Kehler in action.

Letsgooo

Postby Letsgooo » Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:56 pm

Wow. Super impressed that you do this and very thankful. Is there any chance of seeing Kehler there? I got to look at the date I thought it was during football season.

Return to “High School Wrestling”