Coaches' Committee

Registration required to post. Anyone can read.
Bearhugger

Coaches' Committee

Postby Bearhugger » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:16 am

The word on the street continues to keep us well informed on the wrestling facts as they pertain to West Virginia. In recent news, we learned of at two head coaching changes. Upon minimal review, two of these coaches were also on the coaches' committee. As you can see when looking at WVSSAC.org, we now have two new members of this fraternal organization.

1. Chris Courtney of Bridgeport. Bridgeport has become a sleeping giant in AA/A region 2. For those deep in the know, BP had one heck of a bunch last season. Injuries and illness hit them very hard around regional time. They should be bringing a solid crew to the mats this season. Fairmont Senior's current three timer is also a by-product of this coach.

2. John Bonecutter of Point Pleasant. For those of you who like to calculate team score scenarios, go back through the 2019 state tournament. Deduct ALL OF THE TEAM POINTS scored by Short, Raike and Bartee. Once you do so, you will see that Point was still within 1 point of Independence. Whereas PP had two other 106 pounders that proved they could at least place in the top 6, Point Pleasant would have still won the state title without Short, Raike and Bartee. How does a program take a returning group of wrestlers projected as the fourth best and win the team title? One of the differences is A + B + C + D = X. X - Body Weight = Y. Continue to improve Y.

Success is never owned. It is rented and the rent is due everyday. I think these two guys mentioned above understand this.

Good luck to all!!!!
Holy smokes. Braxton Amos works out with a landmine now!!!!!!

KDunbar

Re: Coaches' Committee

Postby KDunbar » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Huh?

BeePositive

Postby BeePositive » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Simple comment without the backstory.........

Congratulations to Coaches Courtney and Bonecutter

Good luck to all this season!

As far as Wrestling Algebra - we are all still anxiously awaiting the First Annual Bearhugger Invitational Wrestling Tournament - we can then learn from your flawless execution of a tournament.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:49 am

BeePositive wrote:Simple comment without the backstory.........

As far as Wrestling Algebra - we are all still anxiously awaiting the First Annual Bearhugger Invitational Wrestling Tournament - we can then learn from your flawless execution of a tournament.

Cabell Midland and Spring Valley pulled out of a certain tournament held in mid January. This means there is room for 9 more schools, not just two.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Bearhugger wrote:

Cabell Midland and Spring Valley pulled out of a certain tournament held in mid January. This means there is room for 9 more schools, not just two.

Is it against the rules of the forum to actually say what certain tournament this is? I thought it referred to the WSAZ, but Spring Valley still has this on their schedule updated a week or so ago.

coach_stump

Postby coach_stump » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 pm

I feel that the coaches committee for the sport of wrestling has always been filled with individuals that had intentions to make our sport better. My only concern is that if only the WVSSAC would acknowledge that the effort we put forth would have more of a say to the changes that needs made, not just a figure-head. But I have seen some advancements in the past couple years so there is still hope that someone is finally listening.

Bearhugger

Postby Bearhugger » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 pm

KDunbar wrote:
Bearhugger wrote:

Is it against the rules of the forum to actually say what certain tournament this is? I thought it referred to the WSAZ, but Spring Valley still has this on their schedule updated a week or so ago.

A school's schedule is public record. When schedules are posted on WVMat, they become WVMat record. Talking about any school's schedule should not be against any forum rules. Both Cabell Midland and Spring Valley will be at the WSAZ...………...along with quite a few new comers. I didn't mention the tournament, but it is often associated with the Bearhugger Invitational. On a general note, how tournaments are ran, is not a problem to me. Where tournaments lose steam and/or fail is how teams are invited, not invited, turned down, etc. Then when the tournament turns into a bye-fest, they lose even more steam. The WSAZ should be a war zone this season.

KDunbar

Postby KDunbar » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:53 pm

Initial Post
Is it against the rules of the forum to actually say what certain tournament this is? I thought it referred to the WSAZ, but Spring Valley still has this on their schedule updated a week or so ago.[/quote]

A school's schedule is public record. When schedules are posted on WVMat, they become WVMat record. Talking about any school's schedule should not be against any forum rules. Both Cabell Midland and Spring Valley will be at the WSAZ...………...along with quite a few new comers. I didn't mention the tournament, but it is often associated with the Bearhugger Invitational. On a general note, how tournaments are ran, is not a problem to me. Where tournaments lose steam and/or fail is how teams are invited, not invited, turned down, etc. Then when the tournament turns into a bye-fest, they lose even more steam. The WSAZ should be a war zone this season.[/quote]

Followup
Not really a question, just sarcasm. Still don't know the tournament for sure.

Return to “High School Wrestling”